Monday, February 12, 2018

Something Special for your Valentine's Days

I will not give you a suggestion of what to get for your love ones for the upcoming love day, but rather sharing what had touched me and made me visited the other form and shape of love.

It's Modern Love.

Since I have discovered it late, I have the advantage of doing the Modern Love marathon, I couldn't complain with this. But my eyes have. I cried almost every time.

These essays are sent to New York times and the editorial will choose one to be published in the column. Every week.

My favourite two are these:

1. An Empty Heart Is One That Can Be Filled  written by Lily King, author of Euphoria. 

2. A Heart Outrun. It's Collin Farrell who read this!

And here are my other favourites:

My First Lesson in Motherhood 

How the 'Dining Dead' Got Talking Again

It Took A Villain 

When Your Greatest Romance Is A Friend

No Bounds or Lanes

I Need to Woman Up

Revenge of the Friend

PS There are so many ways to listen to podcast, so in the hyperlink I just gave you plenty of option from listening to the podcast via New York Times, WBUR website, or Spotify. Depends on which application do you like to listen to better. Of course you can also read them, it is more personal, but I chose these because I love the voice of the narrator, they are doing a very good job.

Happy Love Day

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful idea for a podcast! thanks for sharing and happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the list! It's a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give those a try as I am very much into podcasts these days!

    ReplyDelete