Skip to main content

Motivation from Quit Your Day Job Story



Two years ago when I moved to France, and after intensively learning the language for a year, I have decided to restart my activities in making jewelries. Despite D's presence and loving support, doing everything alone can be depressing.  I miss chitchatting unimportant topic with the coworkers, I miss my friends sometimes, and my family all the time.

Yesterday, though, I stumbled upon a Quit Your Day Job story on Etsy blog, and so much motivated by  this couple the owner of Blue Hour Design.

 You can read the full article here, but I'll just quote something that motivates me.

*Don’t forget that business ebbs and flows. When business is temporarily slow, instead of feeling down, use that time to come up with new designs, marketing techniques or anything to improve your business. Don’t worry, the sales will come — and when they do, you need to be prepared!*

And when they are asked about the hardest part about running their own business, I just love their respond..

*It’s all freaking hard, but we absolutely love it! We have never worked this hard in our lives, but we don’t want to do anything else — this is it! Every morning we wake up looking forward to our day. We’re very passionate about what we do and know that having our own business is what allows us to live our lives exactly the way we want to live them.*

Well, with that, I think I'm ready to go back to work now.. What motivates you today? 

(Photo credit: D )

Comments

  1. Oh yes, I understand you... I feel exactly the same. And the same words motivate me too :-).
    But in fact, I decided to take a new "outside" job, and I'm really happy to have both : my handmade job and my new one.
    Good luck !
    Emma,

    DoucesLaines, Eco Chic Handknits
    douceslaines.etsy.com
    douceslaines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emma, C'est gentil.. Goodluck for your new other job, this sounds exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Siany!
    I am feeling a sense of pleasure while going through your blog, its lovely!
    Its very true that, creative and innovative minds can always achieve what they want, and owning a business is really all about creativity. But the people with the courage of getting out of the comfort zone can try some new and improved things.
    Loving blessings on your way Siany :)
    Stay blessed

    http://mygreenpencil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Taiba! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Measure Your Finger Diameter

If you are buying ring online, sometimes you are not sure how to find out your size. To those who are already get used to ring size chart, it's better. But its a new thing for you and you don't feel like cutting a piece of paper, and wrap it around your finger and count the length and match with the size, I have a quick tip to measure the diameter of your finger.
Basically, grab a ruler and place it on the finger you want to measure, like a photo above, and voila! If you see double, try to peek with one of your eyes.



Christmas Gift

From time to time I get the honor to pack a christmas gift. This time is from a husband who needs to work far from home and won't be there for christmas. I asked him if I can handwritten something for his wife he said that he already had a letter to send to her, he asked me if I can send a note 'Christmas Present, Do Not Open'. I think it's cute, so cute.

As I type through this blog post, I received a notification that I have receive a review for this blue necklace. It makes me smile. She wrote "Beautiful beautiful necklace. My granddaughter will love it. Thank's." 
It's really my day today!

Having a Big Stomach

Today I am 4 days past 34th weeks, the movement inside has been more intense than it has been before. It tickles me gently, at times not too gently, but no matter how intense it makes me proud everytime. Why do I love this being so much, even if she isn't being born just yet.

It gets harder to walk longer, heavy, for sure. But the urge from the doctor to lay down on the left side has prevent me to do more stuff I'd like to do. The jewelry has been a bit abandoned consequently.

At the beginning of the pregnancy the tiresome made me guilty, I hated to stay in bed and fell asleep while I can do so many things around the house, creating something, take more photos of the jewelries, or just stay outside under the sunshine. But right now all those negative feeling vanished and what seems to be more important is to have the fetus inside me grow.

It's 6 more weeks before the due date, if I am lucky you can come out at any moment in three weeks. Am I ready, are we ready, yes, no. …